Follow us on
Last updated: May 21 2017.
Notice: Apple is not a sponsor nor is involved in any way in this competition.
- Entry to Publisher Free competitions is free and voting is free for all members.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. An eligible entrant must be an individual member, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry using the "submit" option on the Publisher Free web site.
- The Competition is held annually as explained on the Publisher Free web site and is open to anyone to submit any number of written Works, whether completed or not. However, any persons under 18 years of age need to obtain parental permission prior to submission.
- Writers may submit any and all works anonymously or under their registered name and in both cases must be linked to a valid and unique email address.
- Details of opening and closing dates are provided on the Publisher Free web site.
- Bulk and/or third party entries will be voided.
- To enter this competition, the instructions on the Publisher Free web site must be followed.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant (member) in whom the copyright vests. Entries can be for published or unpublished works. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate which will be based on common practices or otherwise at the sole discretion of Publisher Free.
- Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence Publisher Free a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition.
- Once entered into the competition, Works cannot be withdrawn for any reason and shall continue to be available for voting. However, Writers shall not be eligible for any funds or prize money attributable to any Work that has been withdrawn and in this case, all Writer funds shall be returned to the Prize Pool for re-allocation.
- Publisher Free takes no interest in any Works at any time other than for the purpose of operating the Publisher Free web site platform.
- At the date of announcement of winners on the Publisher Free web site or via email or within 30 days of the close of the competition, all works will be archived on the Publisher Free web site. Writers can re-enter their work in subsequent competitions at their discretion.
- Winners will be announced within thirty (30) days of the close of the current competition. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize and all works considered for prize money will be subject to a check of their originality (plagiarism check).
- The number of prize winners and their associated prize is at the absolute discretion of Publisher Free, noting that the Prize Pool increases over time through web site activity. However subject to meeting all pre-requisites, winners will be determined solely on the number of votes received from Publisher Free members at the time of closure. A minimum of one hundred (100) votes is required for any submission to be eligible to receive prize money. Of these minimum votes, at least 20 percent (20 votes) shall be single votes (not vote plus votes).
- Multiple votes (excluding vote plus) by the same person are not permitted, for example where different user accounts are created by the same person. If vote fraud is suspected, your entries may be ineligible for prize money.
- All works considered eligible for prize money need to exhibit a minimum literary warrant measured in terms of both writing quality and content, determined at the absolute discretion of Publisher Free.
- All prize money will be deposited directly into the Writer's Paypal account within 48 hours of the announcement of prize winners. It is the writer's responsibility to ensure that you have registered a valid Paypal account with Publisher Free.
- To receive payments, you must have a PayPal account and meet their requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older,
- You are a resident of a country listed on the PayPal WorldWide page,
- Be capable of forming a legally binding contract, and
- Hold a valid email address
- The total prize money as stated on the web site, and as increases over time, will be distributed across the top nine (9) genres as shown in the 'information tag' next to the prize pool on the web site and Publisher Free apps. An amount of US$20,000 is retained as the 'seed prize pool' money to fund the next (annual) competition. Funds are allocated to the prize pool as shown in Table 1: Funding Allocations.
- The top nine (9) genres are established by ranking the genres by the number of submissions in descending order from most submissions to least submissions. Each competition submission may only have one (1) genre.
- Where a writer has multiple entries for the same competition, a maximum of one entry may be awarded prize money. The entry which may be awarded prize money where multiple entries by the same writer are present is the entry eligible for prize money with the highest monetary value.
- In addition to these nine (9) genres, the top 10 ranked works across all other genres will be eligible for a prize, as also shown in Table 1: Funding Allocations.
- Publisher Free will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Publisher Free will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the enjoyment of any Reward offered by any Writer.
- Publisher Free reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. Publisher Free reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- In the ordinary course of the competition, neither party shall be liable for any cost incurred by the other in connection with the handling of queries or complaints unless for the avoidance of doubt such queries or complaints arise as a consequence of the breach or negligence of the other party.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties, nor constitute either party the agent of the other party for any purpose.